, , , , , , , , , ,

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 06, 2013 07:41AM
Back Landing.

Rupert came up behind his sister and placed his hands on her shoulders reassuringly, as she was being treated with such kindness by Elvira. An invitation to a Ladies circle would mean that Madeline would be able to get out of the house and socialize with others, something Rupert felt she needed to do. Night after Night, she would sit up with Rupert, reading or doing needle point, trying to fill her hours, so she could put her late husband out of her mind. Even after the few years since his death, she still has not come to terms fully with her loss. Madeline glanced up at her older brother, who smiled at her affectionately, then said to Elvira.

“Why you are mighty kind, Countess. I know I speak on behalf of Maddy when I say thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.” Madeline nodded in agreement, letting Rupert take the floor. He felt like she was his responsibility, and so he often spoke on her behalf in front of guests. Maddy brightened and then asked. “I hope you like masked balls. Always a hit of the season, and for such a good cause.” At this, Virgo coughed, remembering the last masked ball they attended, and he knew it didn’t exactly go terribly well for Elvira’s family. In fact it was the catalyst that tore her family apart.

“With you as Hostess, I am sure it will be a fantastic success.” Virgo said confidently, and winked at Elvira. He was enjoying seeing her making new friends as well, since it was an unexpected pleasure to meet Rupert’s sister. Rupert took out his pipe and started to pack it, as the tea was being served to the guests.

Madeline asked. “So tell me, do you and the Count have children? Unfortunately Baz and I were unable to before he….uhm. sorry, yes, do you have children?” Madeline tried to correct herself, asking something that obviously of interest to her. She took out her cigarette holder, tapping one in the end and lighting it, before exhaling a small cloud of smoke from between her lips.

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 06, 2013 08:22AM
“I hope you like masked balls. Always a hit of the season, and for such a good cause.” Maddy stated. At that her husband coughed in her direction and she gave him a slight frown. They had made a promise some time ago to never speak of that night ever again.

“Masked balls are lovely.” Elvira reassured Maddy after looking away from her husband. She took the cup of tea passed to her from a servant and spooned in a small amount of sugar before stirring it gently. She may have been living in America but she was still a born and bred English Lady and would never forgo her manners.

“So tell me, do you and the Count have children? Unfortunately Baz and I were unable to before he….uhm. sorry, yes, do you have children?” Elvira caught the slip but did not comment. She took a sip of her tea before she answered the question.

“Yes, we do. Twins, much to my surprise and Virgo’s everlasting amusement. Their names are Dominique and Damion.” Elvira smiled with pride as she thought about her offspring. And as women everywhere often do, she couldn’t help but talk about them. “Damion is youngest by about five minutes and works with his father most of the time. Dominique, my eldest, is a singer and dancer at one of the speakeasies here in town.”

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 09, 2013 06:34PM
Back Landing

Madeline listened intently to Elvira speak of her twins; Dominique and Damion. Such wonderful children by the sounds of it, and both working here in New York. “Damion is youngest by about five minutes and works with his father most of the time. Dominique, my eldest, is a singer and dancer at one of the speakeasies here in town.” Exhaling again, Madeline tapped her cigarette and placed it down in the ashtray. She truly enjoyed hearing about the Marulo’s children. “A daughter who sings and dances? Why, she must have got her talent from you, Countess. You must be so proud of them. And is your son as handsome as your Husband?” she inquired, causing Virgo to cough and then shake his head. “Both children get their looks from their mother, not some old beast like me.”He joked, placing a hand upon Elvira’s shoulder protectively.

Over the years, nothing had changed. They were both the same, and Virgo was constantly touching, guarding, or pawing at his beloved Elvira. He gazed down at her with admiration and affection that was rarely displayed by men so consistently.

“I really think we should have some more. Children that is. Might try this afternoon.”

This was bound to get a reply from Elvira and Rupert burst out laughing.

“Now now, no need to be advertising your bedroom prowess here, Count. Make a man like me feel inadequate.”

“I’m sure with the right woman, Rupert, you be doing her night and day. Even from the chandelier.”

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 09, 2013 07:04PM

“Oh I couldn’t hold a tune to save my life. She gets that talent from her father. But I do dance pretty well.” Elvira grinned.

“Both children get their looks from their mother, not some old beast like me.” Virgo joked before Elvira could reply, placing a hand on her shoulder. Elvira drove an elbow into his ribs.

“Pay no attention to him. He’s so silly sometimes.” Elvira smiled, staring at him. Anyone with two eyes could see that The Marulos never lost that sense of love and devotion that they’d found for each other on a summer night in a garden gazeebo.

Elvira, who had been about to speak to Maddy, whipped her head around and stared at her husband in surprise. “Really? You’d want to have another baby? You never said before.” Clearly, Elvira was pleased with this developement. She’d secretly longed for another baby but didn’t know how to go about telling her husband about it.

“Virgo! There are ladies present! Behave yourself, my love.” Elvira exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with humor.

avpic

Carrendar DynastyTime Lord Seal - Carrendar DynastyTime Lord Seal 2 - Carrendar DynastyLadyBelzA PirateA PirateA PirateA PirateTime Lord Seal 3 - Carrendar DynastyTime Lord Seal 4 - Carrendar Dynasty
Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 02:55AM
“Sure. Another baby only strengthens the family. More to love. Besides, I love the part where we actually TRY for a baby. You could never get me to say no to that.”Virgo said quite firmly. He didn’t care that he was discussing their love life in front of Rupert and Madeline. They were all adults. Sure, this was rather scandalous, but there was worse subjects out there. Madeline could barely contain her laughter. Such a straight faced Virgo speaking such things.

Rupert guffawed and slapped Virgo’s back heartily. “Then I know who to call for tips.”This set off Madeline even more. If this sort of talk got out. She took up her cigarette and winked at Elvira. “You are such a lucky woman, Countess. How ever did you find such a man?”

Oh this would be the tale that would have many a dame’s heart go aflutter. Virgo actually sat down beside Madeline, and then started the tale off.

“Fairest beauty in all London. Captivated me whilst she rode her horse Jezzibel. The way she mounted and rode that horse. I gotta say, made a man like me just want to take her in my arms and steal her away. Cept, I didn’t steal her. I did steal a kiss though.”

Proud of this, he sat back and wiggled his eyebrows at his beloved. Since it was true.

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 06:56AM
“You are such a lucky woman, Countess. How ever did you find such a man?”Madeline asked. Virgo took a seat beside her and began the tale, finishing off with the stealing of the kiss, wiggling his eyebrows at Elvira.

“I was simply fascinated with him the moment I laid eyes on him. Here was this man, running his horse through the park as if the hounds of hell were after him and he stops beside me, without pausing for a breath and kisses me. Then he takes off again. What kind of man does that?” Elvira wondered. “Needless to say, I was a bit miffed at him for taking such liberties. It just was not the thing to do back then. Certain proprieties had to be followed when courting a lady and he blasted through every one of those rules like they were tissue paper. But, when my father…passed away, rather unexpectedly, Virgo was there for me when I was grieving most horribly. He braved my temper, took care of me and got me through the pain in such a way that I couldn’t help but fall in love with him. And he got me to open my eyes and be the person I was born to be. Made me see that life goes on and if I continued to grieve, then I would miss out on the best thing that ever happened to me.” She gave her husband a look of such love, it was as if they could taste it upon the air. “He is my one and only. Where he goes, I follow and I will protect him as much as he protects me.” she finished.

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 07:13AM
Madeline listened with eyes glistening, as Virgo and Elvira described what was to her a love story unlike any other. How utterly romantic, and here they were, still together and united. Talks of more children and already having raised two, they were truly a success story. Rupert himself was captivated by the tale, and showed he was impressed, nodding appropriately. Virgo smirked at certain parts. They did do some crazy things back in the day, like the time he took her in her carriage at the Funeral. Oh how they were both scalded for that misadventure.

“I thought Sally was going to take a slipper to us both after the Carriage incident.”Virgo said, taking up a cup of tea and sipping it. He didn’t need to go into details, but Elvira would know what he meant. He placed an arm around her and then nuzzled the side of her head, not trying to get her into a pickle with his banter, he was just proud of her and their courtship, even if it was unorthodox.

“All I know is I got the girl.” He said proudly. Rupert raised his cup in a mock toast and Madeline clapped, loving this romantic tale.

“Now, if only I could find a man that adorable.” Madeline said with a sigh, and Rupert pointed at her and said. “My dear, if you would only go out and be more social, then maybe you would have half a chance, instead of hiding away here.” He was right in a sense, and Madeline looked away, feeling a bit embarrassed that he would point it out so bluntly.

Rupert came around to her side, and then knelt so he could look in her eyes.

“You…have to let him go. To truly live again, Maddy.” Rupert stared into her eyes and she nodded, knowing he spoke the truth. “Who knows…Mister Right might be at that ball, hmm?” At this, Madeline stood up and gave the Marulos a smile, though it was riddled with sadness. “It was really nice meeting you both. Excuse me.” And with that she hurried off inside, leaving Rupert looking at the floor.

“Me and my big mouth.”

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 07:31AM
Elvira covered her mouth with her hand before she started laughing outright as Virgo brought up “The Carriage Incident”. Sally had never forgiven them both for that slight and brought it up whenever she was angry with the both of them. It was amusing to see her go red in the face at those times, which only made Sally angrier. Even her mate, Gerard couldn’t get her to calm down at that point.

She watched brother and sister speak and felt a bit sad for Madeline as she excused herself and left the gardens. She looked at Rupert who was staring at the ground where Maddy had left him.

“Me and my big mouth.” Elvira and Virgo heard him sigh.

She leaned forward and touched Rupert’s shoulder in a gentle show of caring. “If I may be so bold…what happen to her husband?” Elvira asked gently. She truly enjoyed Madeline’s company and hated to see the young woman in so much pain.

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 07:44AM
“Baz died on the battle field, serving his country and doing them proud. Grenade attack on the trench, there were no survivors. Madeline was pregnant when we got the news. Lost it of course. The stress and…all that. I thought I had been doing the right thing, bringing her here, out of that house. She practically turned into a hermit. You saw yourself that she is so charming and a delight to have around. This was a good day. TILL I had to bring him up.” Rupert got to his feet, and brushed off his knee. He looked towards the house, and sighed.

“She would have made a wonderful mother. It was going to be her first.” Rupert added, as he saw a shadow in the second floor window that would have been Madeline’s room.

“I must apologize if this has spoilt your visit. We don’t normally discuss family matters in public.” Rupert said with a sigh, sitting down and toying with his pipe. Clearly this was as candid as he had ever been with the Marulos, and he had to wonder just what they thought of them now.

“This is one of the reasons I don’t have ladies come calling. Madeline….she uh…doesn’t take well to them. Not sure why. Course she adored you both. I guess for her to see a successfully married couple was unique for her. I was so proud of her behavior.” Rupert said, then staring off at the gardens.

It seemed no matter how well off you are, if you are without love…money means nothing.

Re: {RP} Dangerfield Estate
October 10, 2013 08:00AM
Elvira listened to such a tale of sadness and despair, she clutched her husband’s hand tightly. She simply couldn’t imagine how she would feel if she lost him.

“I must apologize if this has spoilt your visit. We don’t normally discuss family matters in public.” Rupert said with a sigh. “This is one of the reasons I don’t have ladies come calling. Madeline….she uh…doesn’t take well to them. Not sure why. Course she adored you both. I guess for her to see a successfully married couple was unique for her. I was so proud of her behavior.”

Elvira got to her feet and moved to sit beside him, taking his hand in hers. “Do not apologize to me, to us.” she began, looking at her husband briefly before returning her gaze to Rupert. “She is your sister and you cannot help be worried about her. And I’m glad we came and met her today. She is simply a breath of fresh air in my life and I am happy to call her a friend. It’s wonderful what you are doing for her. And I’d be honored to introduce her to society again, if that would help.”

She looked to her husband for help, as Rupert was his friend and business partner.