, , , , , , , , , , ,

November 01, 2013 07:34AM
The Den

Shane was busy pacing up and back, as Marissa was supposed to be doing dictation, however, she kept looking out the office window at Jarvis, who was cooking on the back patio. Steaks of course. He was wearing some skimpy dick togs, and they showed off his cheeky side. Cooking at such an hour might seem odd to most, but not to Jarvis, who had now settled into living it up at Shane’s after the disaster with Amelia.

“So in conclusion, I would like to seek an injunction in the matter of West versus the State, and waiver their rights to a….” Shane then looked at Marissa, who was licking her lips and no longer writing in shorthand. Shane crept over and then stole her pencil, which caused her to flinch in surprise. “Whaaaaaat?” Marissa asked, looking all hot and flustered. Shane tossed the pencil back her and continued; “…calling of the witnesses that had not been approved before the trial. Your’s sincerely, Shane Williamson, D.A.”

Just then Jarvis bent over to reach in his beer cooler and pulled out a blood bag, O+. He straightened, and started to drink from it, while Marissa looked set to drool all over her notepad. Shane had had enough, marching over and flicking the shutters, thus ruining Marissa’s view.

“You’re no fun. I know this is called dictation, but he is dickalicious.” She said with a smirk. “Can you not think about dicks for five seconds, and go type that up. I want it sent before sunrise. And for the sake of all that is unholy, don’t drool on the notes, its most unprofessional.” Marissa rolled her eyes, and stood up, only really liking working with Shane for the…added attractions. IE, Jarvis. She trotted out of the office, turning left for the pool, and without looking up, Shane said.“Your office is…right.” You could hear her “hmph” and turn a sharp right, marching past his den and poking out her tongue. Shane simply shook his head, and got on with his work.

November 01, 2013 07:58AM
Shane’s Garage

Carmen pulled into the garage and turned out the lights. She sat in her seat for a quiet moment, wondering how to broach the subject of Matt with Shane. It couldn’t be avoided, and she promised herself that she would be honest with him about everything. She looked at her briefcase for a moment, resisting the urge to pull out the photo again.

Sighing, she grabbed her bag and climbed out, heading inside to see where everyone was up to.

As she passed the patio area, she took a quick glance out the window and saw Marissa and Jarvis locked in a heated embrace. She snorted. “The She-Devil is at it again.” she smirked. If Marissa was here, then Shane was probably working in his den. She changed directions and headed to where she knew he would be.

Den

He was where she thought he was, studying something on his computer. His back was to her and she walked right up behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Hey, baby.” she whispered, kissing the back of his neck. “Just thought you should know, Marissa and Jarvis are going at it like rabbits out by the pool.”

November 01, 2013 08:06AM
Den

Shane slowly removed his glasses and tossed them on the desk, gripping the bridge of his nose. “Should I go and put the hose on them do you think? Or…shock collars, maybe?” He turned around and gripped her hands, bringing them down from around his neck, and then to his lips. “You’re a sight for sore eyes. I was about ready to send Marissa to the bottom of the pool if she didn’t get her work finished, but sounds like she is working…on Jarvis’s dick.”

Letting her hands go, he bent down and turned off his computer, before looking back up at her.

“So..how was the first night back? You must be loving that office. Mary behaving?” he joked, turning off his desk light, and then wrapping his arms around her waist.

“You might want to give Mary a pay rise. If things don’t improve with Marissa, I am head hunting your secretary. I like her style.”

November 01, 2013 08:15AM
Carmen laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I like the office. But I felt like such a fraud going in there.” she sighed.

“Hey, no poaching my assistant.” she grinned, poking him in the chest. “Now admit it, when she’s focused, Marissa gets the job done. You wouldn’t have called her otherwise.” she stated. Then her face grew serious and she took a breath.

“I had a visitor earlier.” she started off. “Matt came to see me…I think he may be working with David. I had Marissa check Matt’s phone logs and David’s number came up over thirty times over the last few weeks.”

She stepped out of his arms and went to her bag, where she left it on the chair. Nervously, she took out the photo and passed it to Shane. “Matt gave me this…” She stood back and waited.

November 01, 2013 08:30AM
Den

At first Shane wondered what she was getting out of her bag, but when it was handed to him, his face changed in a blink, as he stared down at the photograph. He seemed to even forget himself, as he started to say. “Where did you get this?” But then he realized that it was Matt that gave it to her. How did he get it? How did anyone even know? Shane collapsed into his chair, and held the photograph as though it was evidence in some crime scene investigation. Staring at the girl’s eyes, as the picture though tattered, was taken just yesterday.

Shane eased back, but you could tell his jaw was tightening, and he inhaled sharply. What Carmen had said, about Matt going in to see her, and then Mary finding that Matt had been on the phone to David repeatedly for weeks, it was clear that David had gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to unhinge Shane.

So had David managed to find his daughter, or did he simply know that at one point, she lived in Derry, in what was an idyllic family…or pretended to be. He set the picture down on his desk, and then it looked like he tried to snap out of the haze, brought on by the memories, he had for so long suppressed. He tried to hide it. Picking up his glasses he put them back on and said, with a cough.

“I’m sure you will settle back into the grind, Love. Don’t worry about what others think of you.” it was almost like he was trying to avoid…the mother of all confrontations.

November 01, 2013 08:39AM
Carmen watched the play of emotions across Shane’s face and the worry that niggled at the back of her mind grew anew.

Oh hell! She was not falling for that bullshit again.

She glared at him.

“Did we or did we not promise each other we would always be honest? If you’re going to lie to me and avoid the whole issue, then I can pack my shit and leave right now.” she snarled. “I am not playing this game with you Shane, and I’m deeply offended you think I’m stupid to fall for that crock of shit you just tried to feed me.” She stepped back and crossed her arms.

“That whole ‘divided we fall’ speech you gave me? If you’re the one doing the dividing then we most certainly will fall. Get your head out of your ass, Shane. This is bigger than both of us and you have the coven to think about, too. Marissa, Jarvis, the girls, me. I don’t know how this whole leadership thing works, but if you forsake them now, you may as well just lie down and let David stake you because lying to me…is not doing you any fucking favors!”

Carmen had never felt such rage in her life, even when she was being hunted like an animal. She turned on her heel and stalked out, calling back over her shoulder. “I’ll be in my room when you decide to tell me the truth.”

November 01, 2013 09:02AM
“DON’T YOU DARE SPIT SUCH VENOMOUS WORDS AT ME AND THEN WALK AWAY!”Shane roared, leaping up from the chair and then like lightening ripping across the floor and slamming Carmen into the wall on the other side. He was explosive after she tore into him, and he was about to show no mercy.

“THAT SON OF A BITCH FOUND MY DAUGHTER. I DON’T KNOW HOW, BUT HE DID!”Shane had never been this angered in his life, and it brought out Misty and Bianca from their rooms.

“What’s going on?” Misty demanded, as Shane viciously snarled at them. “Back off!” His head swinging back around to Carmen. “That girl in the photo…is the only child that survived that night in my house. I thought she was at a friend’s. I was wrong. I hunted for her for years. I COULDN’T FIND HER!’ Shane was fighting back tears of rage. He know knew David’s plan. To smoke Shane out, using his daughter Bridgette as bait…if she was still alive. He curled his fingers tighter around Carmen’s neck, the raw power of the vampire unleashed, as he stared at her with such pain in his eyes.

“I am the Alpha…I do the yelling. Don’t you EVER try that again Carmen, or so help me.” he thought in his mind, if he went to David on his own, he could do a plea….but he didn’t want to hurt Carmen.

November 01, 2013 09:14AM
Carmen was expecting a reaction at her words…and it was a reaction she got as Shane was on her in an instant, slamming her hard into the wall, words spewing from him at such a rate, she was hit in the face with his saliva.

“DON’T YOU DARE SPIT SUCH VENOMOUS WORDS AT ME AND THEN WALK AWAY!…THAT SON OF A BITCH FOUND MY DAUGHTER. I DON’T KNOW HOW, BUT HE DID!”

Misty and Bianca came into the room, wondering what was going on and Shane snarled at them. Jarvis and Marissa heard the yelling and came in time to see Shane pouring his heart out to Carmen. Whether he noticed they were there was another thing all together as he ripped into Carmen for her words.

“That girl in the photo…is the only child that survived that night in my house. I thought she was at a friend’s. I was wrong. I hunted for her for years. I COULDN’T FIND HER!…I am the Alpha…I do the yelling. Don’t you EVER try that again Carmen, or so help me.”

His rage was absolute and the hand at her neck was cutting off her air, but she still was able to speak.

“Then…don’t…put…me…in…a…box and pretend…that…everything is….okay.” she gasped, hoping to get through to him. “I love…you…Shane…when you hurt…I hurt…don’t do that…to me…to…us. My loyalty…my love…remember?” She stated, hoping to break through the haze of anger, pain and grief he seemed to be lost in. She poured every ounce of love she felt for him down their bond, hoping he could feel that she was not going to back away from him, no matter what he did to her. She was trying to make him realize that he was no longer alone and would never be alone again. He just needed to open his heart and put his trust in her hands as she had done with him.

November 01, 2013 09:48AM
Ripping his claw off her throat, he swept her up and took her upstairs, probably to the shock of everyone that had come out of their places to see the Carmen and Shane Show take on a whole new twist. Shane hated yelling at Carmen, but something inside of him snapped, and he marched her up to his own room and kicked the door open, taking her in and placing her down on the bed. There would be marks on her throat from his rough housing, and already he hated himself for it.

He hung his head for a moment, and gritted his teeth in anger. She was right, he was trying to put her in a box, to protect her, to save her and him from more torment, in what should be the best time for them, romantically. It dawned on Shane at that very moment, that this was exactly what David wanted, and he was falling for it. The realization made him angrier, and he put his fist into a wall, sending plaster and wood flying. Emotional blackmail. Regardless if he had his daughter or not…it was a low blow.

He turned back to Carmen, and approached her slowly, then knelt down and placed his head to her stomach. This was a complete turn around. He whispered to her. “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you. You’re right, as always. This is a stunt by David to break us up. I almost fell for it.” He looked up at her and begged. “Can you forgive me?’

November 01, 2013 10:02AM
He took his claw from her throat and she landed heavily, gasping for breath. In a complete 180, he swept her into his arms and marched from the den.

The girls looked at Jarvis and Marissa.

“I didn’t know he had a kid.” Bianca muttered. “Did you know that?” she asked Misty.

“Nope.” Misty looked at Jarvis. “Did you?”

“No. But I had a guess on it just by the way he treats us sometimes. You can’t just turn off being a dad, no matter what you do.” Jarvis stated.

Shane’s Bedroom

Shane set her down on his bed and stepped away from her. She watched him, a hand clasped to her sore and bruised throat and was shocked when he turned and put his fist through the wall. Bits of wood and plaster flew in every direction and she covered her face so she wouldn’t be hit.

She uncovered herself to see him walking toward her slowly before he shocked her by kneeling at her feet and pressing his head to her stomach. Her gaze softened as she ran her fingers through his hair. She knew this had to be eating him up inside and she was glad she could be here for him, in whatever capacity he needed her.

“I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you. You’re right, as always. This is a stunt by David to break us up. I almost fell for it.” He looked up at her, his blue eyes riddled with pain and sadness. “Can you forgive me?”

“Sweetheart, I forgave you before you even went Alpha on me.” she smiled, placing a hand against his cheek. “I was simply trying to get you to realize that you aren’t alone anymore. You have me. You will always have me. Only death could take me away from you.” she told him. “And I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

She pressed a kiss to his forehead, hoping that he now realized the fact that Carmen was his forever.

November 02, 2013 11:50PM
Shane fell back slightly, and brought his hand up to his temple, rubbing it slightly. The shock of the photograph had really hit home, and he was tempted to go after David on his own, to see just what he knew about the location of his daughter, if she was even alive, or if he knew what happened to her.

Looking up at Carmen, he knew she meant well in what she said, but he was so damn used to dealing with things on his own for so long, that this was a bit of a shock. Matt was caught up in this too, and though he was not as wise or head strong as David, he was still a loose canon. Shane had reacted as David would have hoped, to separate himself form Carmen, and go off on his own, but this was thwarted, thanks to the strong union the pair have.

“We are going to have to be really clever about this. And I think I know how to stop David. But its going to be risky.”

Going to stand, he pursed his lips, and then he snapped his fingers.

“Amelia. Only she has the foresight to help us here.” He was going to have to explain what he meant, but it was to do with her powers as a witch, to locate his daughter, the one that was at the center of the current plot.

“I’m going to text her, and see if she will meet with us.”

November 03, 2013 12:06AM
Carmen remained in place as he sat back, rubbing his temple.

“Come here.” she urged, patting the spot between her legs. She waited until he was settled, the back of his head resting against the V of her crotch. She pressed her fingers to his temples, rubbing in small and gentle circles. She knew this was the best way to take care of a headache, as it seemed to be what he was suffering from.

“If it’s a chance to get your daughter back and stop David, then that’s a risk well worth taking.” she stated as she did her best to sooth his headache. “But Shane…don’t shut me out again. I don’t think I could take it if you did. We are in this together. No matter what.” She looked at him over his shoulder, the expression on her face as serious as it’s ever been.

She removed her hands and watched him get to his feet. He thought for a moment before snapping his fingers.

“Amelia. Only she has the foresight to help us here…I’m going to text her, and see if she will meet with us.”

“Dyna’s a witch. Maybe she can help as well.” she suggested. “I’ll give her a buzz, see if she’ll swing by.” Carmen pulled out her phone and sent off a text to Dyna.

There was an immediate reply that made her snort. She replied back quickly.

The conversation went on in that vein for a few moments before she tucked her phone back in her pocket. She looked at Shane.

“Dyna’s coming over. She’s bringing Booker. You okay with that? He wants to apologize to you.”

Options: Reply

November 04, 2013 06:31AM
Shane’s bedroom

“Dyna’s a witch. Maybe she can help as well.”

That was a good idea, but the only reservations that Shane had were over Booker, who when they last spoke wasn’t exactly civil. It made things uncomfortable for Shane, but he was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt next time, if they met again. Clearly, Dyna would bring the guy as Carmen said, after hanging up her cell on the completion of the texting.

“I’ll be on my best behavior, I promise.” Shane replied. There were some obstacles to overcome with how others viewed their relationship, especially after their turbulent history, and the fact they were both Vampires. Shane got out his cell and started to text Amelia, who was at Rodger’s. He wasn’t surprised by that, given the time of night. Amelia said she would try to make it over, and Shane knew he was going to have to keep Jarvis busy, even if it meant locking him in a room with Marissa a few hours. Least Marissa could keep him entertained a while.

Closing his phone, and standing up, he reached for Carmen’s hand, to draw her into an embrace. “They said relationships were never easy, we just seem to encounter the worst of situations. And I know, I know I shouldn’t have tried to shut you out. I promise not to do that to you again. You have my word.”