, , , , , , , , , , ,

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 04:57PM
Seattle Hospital

Pandora had been trying to call Simone on and off for nearly two hours. Each time her calls were routed to Simone’s voicemail. She was getting more and more worried by the end of each call.

Hanging up for what seemed like the millionth time, she buzzed for the nurse.

The elderly woman shuffled in a moment later. “Yes, Ms LaRue.”

“You find my doctor. I want out of the hospital right now.”

“But Ms LaRue, you suffered some serious injuries. It’s too soon to release you. You need to stay here at least another day or so.”

“To hell with that. You get him here now or I call my lawyer.” she scowled. “I think I’m pretty fucking free to make my own decisions regarding my health and care. I’m certainly not as feeble-minded as you seem to be.”

“Well I never!” the woman exclaimed, indignant.

“With that dried-up prune you call a cunt, you probably never…ever. Now go find my fucking doctor.” she scowled as she began to pull the IV from her arm.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 05:16PM
Seattle Hospital

After having a very irate nurse burst into his office and say that Miss LaRue was wanting to be released before she was ready, Doctor Lumbard eased back in his chair, and stroked his chin. “She does realize that the hospital will not take any responsibility or have liability for her once she walks out the door?” The Doctor replied, and was shocked by the Nurse’s statement to that.

“I really don’t think she is of a well mind to make such decisions. She is being abusive and I fear she will do herself an injury in her haste.”

The Doctor leapt out of his chair, and grabbed Pandora’s chart as he headed off down to her ward. On reaching it, he could see she was trying to rip the drip out of her arm. He stood their quietly observing her and said simply.

“If you let me do that, it won’t hurt half as much.”

avpic

Minion!Despicable Me MinionMinions 2Minions ~ JerryMinionNY ZIP
Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 05:24PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

Pandora was growing increasingly frustrated at her inability to remove the IV from her arm. It was the damn medical tape that was giving her the issue. She growled, annoyed, ready to rip the thing off with her teeth.

“If you let me do that, it won’t hurt half as much.” came a deep voice near the door. Her head whipped up and she saw Doctor Lumbard standing in the open door. His arms were crossed and he had a chart tucked beneath his arm.

“I’ve been through worse.” she snorted, going back to trying to rip the tape off with her teeth. She noticed he was still standing there, an amused look on his face and she huffed in annoyance. “I’m glad I amuse you so much. Wanna help me with this or are you just going to stand there all damn day?” she snapped. “I have places to be and this hospital is not one of them.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 05:39PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

One thing about Doctor Lumbard, was his bedside manner. It was one of the reasons he was so popular throughout the hospital, both with patients and the nursing staff. Watching Pandora struggle, he cocked his head slightly, when she lashed out again with a dig at the fact he appeared to be amused by her antics. Needless to say, she was behaving worse than some of the children in the cancer ward when they were getting ready for chemo.

“I do have other patients that actually require treatment, Miss LaRue, however since you are so insistent on leaving, allow me.”

He calmly walked over, and then placed down her chart on the bed, before taking her arm with one hand, and then the tape with the tips of his fingers. He peeled it back gently, and then reached for a box of gloves. Putting them on, he then started to withdraw the small plastic tube that was inserted under her skin. Done almost painlessly, he got a small cotton ball and pressed it to the wound. Placing tape over that, he had successfully removed her IV.

He handed her the chart and a pen and waited for the documents return.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 05:50PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

His tone was civil as he made his way to her side and expertly removed both the medical tape and the IV from her skin, making sure to cover the injection site with a ball of cotton and more tape.

“Now, if you would like to sign this release form, waving all rights to any legal action in case you are not fit to leave, and have done so by your own will.” he stated, handing her the forms and a pen. She snatched both, knowing what she was doing was probably unethical, but she was worried about Simone and wanted to go see if she was all right.

She kept her head bent, her hair acting as a shield between herself and the doc as she began to sign the forms. There was silence between them, only marred by the scratching of pen to paper.

“I’m sorry for snapping at you.” she finally stated, pausing in the act of signing the last 2 forms. “I’m just worried about a friend of mine. She hasn’t been answering her phone and no one’s heard from her since yesterday. I need to go see if she is okay.” she raised her head to look at him with her deep green eyes. “I hope you can understand that.”

She signed the last of the forms and passed them and the pen back to the doctor. “Um…thanks.” she mumbled, looking down at her hands. She was still smarting from Brock’s rejection and was still feeling a bit wary around other men. After that fiasco, she remembered why she tried not to lose her heart to them. And now it was too late. She had given hers and it had been stomped all over the place.

Sighing, she moved to climb from the bed, mindful of her injuries and taking the crutch that had been placed there for her use, forgetting for a moment that her backside was exposed and there was a man in the room.

Until she felt the draft.

She whirled around (as much as her broken body would let her), pink coloring her cheeks as placed her exposed back to the wall.

“My clothes?” she wondered,

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 05:58PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

The Doctor was a kind soul by all accounts, and used to hearing all sorts of stories from both patients and family members. Needless to say, Pandora also had a story and there was good reason that she was taking the unorthodox steps of letting herself be discharged before she was ready. In fact, her reasoning was because of concern for another. Doctor Lumbard’s brow knitted on hearing that she had been trying to contact a friend whom she was terribly worried about.

“If it makes you feel better Miss LaRue, being snapped at is all part of the profession. One time a patient that was brought in high on ice actually broke my arm in two places while we were trying to restrain him.” He didn’t mean to go into such graphic detail about the sorts of patients he had dealings with, but it showed that he was used to abuse.

Course, it was when she turned around and had on a hospital gown that showed pretty much all beneath, or the lack of that the Doctor had to look to the ceiling whistling.

“I’m sorry to say, Miss LaRue that when you were brought into the ER, we had to cut your clothes off. There really wasn’t much left of them to be truthful.”

Now this would have put her into a real bind, but the kindly Doctor then said.

“If you wait here, I can go down to the Women’s auxiliary stall and see if they have some second hand clothing that we provide to our poor patients.”

He then excused himself, and went off on his way – leaving her standing there.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 06:10PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

Doctor Lumbard was a kind man and he simply told her about some of his more rowdier patients. She actually winced in sympathy when he mentioned having his arm broke in two places.

“Bet that ruined your golf handicap.” she joked.

When her backside became exposed, she was surprised when he did the gentlemanly thing and looked away as she turned back around.

He told her they had to cut her clothes off when she came in and she nearly moaned. That had been one of her favorite outfits. But with her injuries as bad as they were, wearing tight leather probably was a hinderance. She nodded.

She looked up as he turned to leave the room. Second hand clothes?

“Ugh.” she muttered. “The things I do for you, Simone.” she sighed, moving to sit on the bed to wait. She snatched up her phone and tried calling again.

“If you’re hearing this it means I am either avoiding you, or with a man. Leave a message after the beep. -BEEP-“

“Goddammit, Simone. Where are you? I’m getting worried. Please…call me.” Pandora sighed, her tone full of worry, before hanging up the phone. After thinking for a moment, she picked up the phone again and dialed another number.

“Hey…it’s me…yeah I’m fine…no…not for a while…couple of months at least…Listen, I need a favor. Can you come and pick me up? Half hour…not right away, I need to go visit a friend. Will you drive me? You’re the best, Mark…and stop calling me Panda for fuck’s sake!” Chuckling, she hung up the phone and waited.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 06:22PM
Scene change – Erica and Simone’s apartment.

Erica was sitting on the side of Simone’s bed her face etched with worry as she watched Simone finally submit to the sleeping tablets that Erica had given her. Probably not the brightest thing to do, but it was all she could come up with to help her friend sleep. She gently brushed Simone’s hair back from her face, as Simone hugged her ragged bear tighter and murmured something in her sleep. It was hard to tell what it was, but Erica was not about to wake her up to find out.

Getting up from the bed, she could hear a dull beeping coming from the closet. It was Simone’s cell. Quietly padding over, Erica picked it up, and could see a dozen missed calls all from the same number. Wondering who it could be, she left Simone’s room and closed the door gently, only to play back the last message.

“Goddammit, Simone. Where are you? I’m getting worried. Please…call me.”

Erica wrinkled up her pert nose. ~Fuck!~ Simone was out for the count, Already angered about the whole situation with Simone, after hearing everything that had caused her to have a melt down, Erica simply deleted the message and tossed the phone in the bin.

Pandora’s Hospital Room

The Doctor finally came back with a small armful of clothes. They reeked of mothballs and lily of the valley. You know that grandma smell. The clothes themselves were circa 1970’s floral print pants and a matching skivvy. Real classy, well if you were into retro. The Doctor shrugged lightly as he placed them on Pandora’s bed.

“This was the only thing I could find in your size, Miss LaRue.” He was practically apologetic, but what else could he do? It wasn’t Walmart, it was a Hospital. “I’ll leave you to it.”

He took up her chart and the nurse came in to scrub her name off the white board over the bed, and start to strip the bed of its linen. When they got patients out, they really got them out.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 06:41PM
Pandora’s Hospital Room

The doc came back with some clothing and Pandora could only stare at them in disgust. It looked like something they pulled off the body of a dead grandmother and smelled even worse. She rolled her eyes.

“Thanks, doc.” she sighed as he left the room once more. She struggled out of the hospital gown and stood naked as she stared at the clothes.

“Hmm…” She had noticed that her bike saddlebag was in the closet and she hobbled over to grab it. Dropping it on the bed (and annoying the worker who was changing the sheets) she rooted around for her large buck knife and the sewing kit she had took to carrying with her. With a grin, she began slicing at the clothes, cutting off lace and sleeves and generally destroying the original configuration of the garments she had been given.

When she was finished, she had turned the ensemble into a belly baring tank top and shorts. With a grin, she pulled them on, carefully avoiding her injuries. By the time she was done, her shoulder was throbbing painfully. Taking the medication she had been left with, she downed a pill with a glass of water, sighing with relief when they kicked in.

There was a knock on the door and she looked up to see Mark standing in the door. She hobbled to her feet as he took in her outfit.

“Cute.” he grinned.

“Shut up and get me out of here.” she snorted.

“Where to?”

“Simone’s. I’m worried about her.”

“Your chariot awaits.” he stated, grabbing a wheelchair from the hall.

“I can walk, you know.”

“Hospital regulations, Ms LaRue.” snapped the elderly nurse as she walked by.

“Bitch.” she grumbled, moving to the chair with an annoyed grunt.

Laughing at her antics, Mark grabbed her bag and wheeled her from the room.

Re: RP-Downtown Seattle
April 04, 2014 06:47PM
Nurses Station – Hospital

Doctor Lumbard was putting back Pandora’s chart and getting the down low from a nurse on his next patient as Pan was being wheeled past by Mark. Now, the Doctor knew that Brock had been in earlier, and now she was being wheeled out by another guy. She sure must be popular with the guys. The Doctor waved as Pandora was wheeled out like an invalid, and he couldn’t help but notice that she had altered the clothes he had given her.

“They look very nice on you, Miss LaRue.”

A light smirk, and the Doctor was off down the hallway to his next patient. Would this be the last time they met? Seattle was a big city, but fate always has an odd way of dealing a hand.

Across the street from the car park, Brock was parked in his truck. He had been sitting there for hours, stewing over everything. On the side of the seat was a bunch of flowers and he was practicing an apology. That was, until he saw her being wheeled out by another man.

“THE FUCK?!”

Furious, he tossed the flowers out of the truck and sped off.