, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 08:49PM
Suite 104

There were a lot of things in Pandora’s life that were strange or unusual. She didn’t let it effect her. Being who she was, she was immune to the strangeness.

And yet with Jason’s announcement, followed by his entire body shimmering into that of ice…she thought maybe she had yet to see all that life had to offer.

Her mouth dropped open in stunned surprise, her eyebrows disappearing into her hairline as she stared at the glimmering blue man before her. The temperature in the room dropped considerably, but she adjusted her own body’s temperature to compensate. And we all know what happens when warm and cool air meet. Steam began to rise up in small whisps from the carpet beneath her feet.

“How long have you known your powers, Miss LaRue? Because you are pretty bad at controlling it.”

At that she frowned.

“I’ve had them all my life. And for your information, I have no problem controlling what I do. It’s just when I get upset or angry does it get out of my control.” Demonstating, she quickly lit her hand on fire before closing her fingers to douse the flames.

“Well, Doc…you are certainly full of surprises.” she chuckled.

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 09:24PM
Suite 104

“Not half as much as you Miss LaRue. But what with your fiery temper tantrums since you arrived here, I really shouldn’t be all that surprised.”

The Doctor started to thaw back to his usual mortal state as he watched the timely display of Pandora showing she had control over her fire abilities. Course, that didn’t explain the outburst that destroyed half the car park. The Doctor had a much more calm and reserved way of acting, and thus this often made him seem ice cold. His bedside manner continued right up to this moment in time, but he did have questions for Miss LaRue.

“So you just destroyed about five cars….from what? Bad company, or perhaps I am missing something here.”

He sat down in the chair beside her and rested his chin on his upturned palm, his elbow on the arm rest. He observed her as though he was a therapist of sorts….which he was in all reality.

“I try not to destroy other people’s property as it is a punishable offence in most countries.” His breathe could be visibly seen since Pandora was still quite hot.

“Miss LaRue, wouldn’t it be better to perhaps confide in someone, rather than explode like you just did?”

avpic

Early Bird - Chat Room Slot! Minion!Despicable Me MinionMinions 2MinionNY ZIP
Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 09:33PM
Suite 104

Hearing that she exploded 5 cars and left a crater-sized hole in the parking lot brought her back to reality.

“Shit.” she muttered, sitting forward and clenching her fingers in her hair in agitation.

Sometimes in life, one needs to be strong, but the strong also need someone to lean on.

She looked up at the Doc as he waited for her reply.

“I got a text from a friend. She was apologizing for something she had done. And I got upset. End of story.” she shrugged, not really wishing to go into the whole sordid story with him.

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 10:03PM
Suite 104

Pandora wanted to just brush over the details and give a sketchy account of what went wrong at the Luau. To the Doctor, it felt like a massive cop out. He actually was dissapointed in her, if that could be believed. Her body language showing a “fuck you” attitude, and if he was less of a man he would have slapped her.

“So…someone apologizes which I might add takes some guts to do, and you…blow up a few cars.”

The Doctor rose to standing and walked towards the large balcony doors, and placed his hand up to the glass, where lines of frost etched out in a delicate pattern. Beautiful, that is what some would call it. He lowered his head slightly as the painful memories still haunted him.

” Do you have…any idea what it is like..watching someone you love with everything in your being, and having the knowledge on how to cure the sick…To know you have such great power in your hands. Then not be able to save the one person….she…” His voice broke off, and he turned to look at Pandora.

“I got the call while on a shift as my wife lay dying…..that she passed away.”

You could see ice like tears falling from his eyes.

“YOU…have no idea how that felt. You …have no idea how hard it is to control such emotions and not want to destroy everything around you…all because for all you were, you were unable to stop her death.”

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 10:27PM
Suite 104

He made it sound like she had started a nuclear war. She snorted. He got to his feet and moved toward the balcony, pressing his fingers to the glass and leaving behind a beautiful ice sketching. His head dropped and it seemed as if a great weight was resting on his shoulders.

And then…in a halting voice, he told her of the night his wife died while he was on duty. He looked at her, tears in his eyes and freezing upon his cheeks.

“YOU…have no idea how that felt. You …have no idea how to control such emotions and not want to destroy everything around you…all because for all you were, you were unable to stop her death.” He breathed deeply, struggling for control.“Whatever it was…that message. Whatever it was that brought you here. You have a second chance. You still can have that dream. Unlike me.”

Again, she snorted. But her anger was a sight to behold. She moved to her feet, her body glowing red, flames licking at her skin. He had brought up memories she wanted to forget.

“Second chance? I shouldn’t have to put myself out there for a second chance. It was NOT MY FAULT!” she roared. “Do you think I asked for my boyfriend, someone I thought I could love for the rest of my fucking life to go behind my back and fuck my best friend on her bathroom floor? I didn’t think my heart could shatter into a thousand pieces like it did that day! Part of me DIED when I saw them together! Why in the HELL do they deserve a second chance, when they were the ones who fucked up!? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!!”

To her credit, nothing exploded or caught on fire by the end of her rant, but she was breathing rather hard, as if she had been running a marathon. Tears gathered in her eyes as the pain consumed her and she broke into tearful sobs that seemed to well up from her soul. She swiped at them angrily, embarassed to be caught out like that, but the tears continued to fall.

“They killed me.” she whispered, her voice full of pain and desolation…and all-consuming heartache.

She had loved Brock with everything she was…and he broke her.

How was she supposed to get past that?

How could she offer forgiveness…when she couldn’t even forget what her eyes had seen?

“I used to think I knew what I wanted out of my life. A career, friends…and maybe later on, someone to spend my life with.” She laughed, an ugly sound. “Some life this turned out to be.”

She turned away from him, her shoulders visibly shaking as she finally let go of the pain and anger that had consumed her the moment she was betrayed. She mourned for lost loves and lost friendships, never once thinking that maybe Simone and Brock were hurting as much as she was. She just didn’t think it was possible.

“Nothing good ever happens to me. I don’t know what I thought this would be different.” she sniffed. “Story of my fucking life.”

She turned to look at him, her eyes red-rimmed, a few stray tears sliding down her cheeks. “So you see, Doc. I’m one of those people who don’t deserve a happy ever after because everything I touch turns to shit. Don’t know what the hell I was thinking.”

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 10:45PM
Suite 104

Ever heard the expression “to fight fire with fire”? The Doctor’s admission of what had happened to him and his reasons for being on the Island only brought the fury of Pandora’s anger to the surface. Like a volcano that had been laying in wait for the right moment to explode, that was the catalyst. The very idea of showing forgiveness to the two people that she loved the most betraying her in such a way she could not begin to fathom.

The room felt as though it was charging hot again, and though Pandora’s rage did not bring about a fiery explosion like that of the car park, it was the words she said. The venom tainted hate and anger that bubbled to the surface like molten lava – rippling and flowing out of her in a river that was her tormented soul on display.

This was exactly what the Doctor had hoped for. For when you finally admit to yourself and others why you are in such pain – then and only then can the healing process begin. Pandora said they killed her, smashed her heart into millions of pieces. Broken beyond repair. She thought she knew what happiness was. Having the things in life that make you feel complete and whole. For a time, it was what she had. Did she miss the feeling more than the people?

They had betrayed her. Made mistakes as you would expect humans to do. Anger and bitterness make for terrible bedfellows, and lead us into temptation all so easily. For all she was hurting, they were too. Simone reached out and got the wrong kind of reaction, which thankfully she never saw. Brock…one could only imagine what he was feeling at this point in time.

The Doctor approached Pandora, and then very carefully enveloped her in an embrace. There was nothing sexual in this act, more so to let her know, she was not alone. He was touching her, with his cold body pressed close.

“Not everything you touch turns to shit.”

He looked down at her, his eyes like glass pools. Another lost soul like her.

avpic

Early Bird - Chat Room Slot! Minion!Despicable Me MinionMinions 2MinionNY ZIP
Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 22, 2014 11:06PM
Suite 104

She stared at the Doc, her soul laid bare, all the pain, anguish, anger, rage and sadness out there for him to see as clear as day.

He did something so unexpected, it jolted her for a moment: he walked toward her and pulled her into his arms in a comforting hug. There was nothing sexual in the act, just that of a person who knew what pain was and was offering to take away some of the burden.

“Not everything you touch turns to shit.” he stated, drawing back and staring down at her with eyes as blue as the ice in his veins. “I wished I had died with her, you know. But I know, my purpose in this life is to help others. People like you.”

She had to admit, even if it was to herself, that she did feel slightly better for voicing her sorrows out loud. Her shoulders didn’t feel so heavy with her emotions.

She pressed her fevered cheek to his chest, taking that coolness into herself. Her body’s temperature began to come down as her anger slowly left. “How am I supposed to get passed this? I know I should talk to the two of them…but I don’t know if I can face them without wanting to smash them IN the face.”

And then she voiced something she never would have ever admitted to anyone…that despite everything…

“I still love him…does that make me a fool?”

Re: (RP) Hawaii
April 23, 2014 03:05AM
Suite 104

The heat of Pandora’s body was ebbing away, just like that of her foul temper. Both so fiery and yet through speaking out loud and giving voice to her tortured soul she was able to feel a certain amount of weight coming off of her. In order to be understood, the other party listening had to know pain, and the good Doctor knew it better than anyone. Surprisingly, he was her opposite, in every sense of the word, and it was this difference that created a balance like harmony between them. A new friendship dawned on the crumbled remains of their former lives.

Pandora’s words were now soft. Barely above a whisper as though she was now sharing with Jason her most guarded secrets. The rough and tough Pandora was truly unique, in that she presented such strength to the world, and yet there was this inner child, that needed to be held – to be told everything would be okay. The Doctor was one that upheld an oath as part of his profession, and this was that she was still his patient, and all said between them would remain that way.

“Rome was not built in a day, and fractured friendships cannot simply be mended overnight. It’s going to take time to learn and trust again. They need to earn that from you. Patience, is what you need. If I am right, they are hurting too.”

Then…the truth finally came out about Pandora’s feelings for Brock.

“I still love him…does that make me a fool?”

“No, it makes you a woman who loves so deeply, that even after this sort of circumstance, that you give hope that maybe there will be a new chance. Your anger was justified in every way, but when our anger is gone, we are left with the realization of what is left, and what can be salvaged. If you open your heart to him….and he to you, there is no reason why you can’t give love a second chance. And I am sure, he loves you more than you possibly could ever imagine.”